When looking for a Great Child Care Center remember to look for the following attributes:
1) Educated staff – All of the staff should have at the Minimum a Certification in Early Childhood Education
2) Cleanliness – A clean, comfortably environment
3) Happy children and Staff – Smiling children and staff are extremely important to feeling comfortable in a school
4) A inviting feeling when you enter the building – Do the staff welcome you? Say your child’s name in greeting?
5) A homey comfortable feeling – Is the school comfortable when you enter? Some places feel cold and blustery, is it a warm feeling you get when you are there
6) An educational system in place – lesson plans with learning times, art, one to one with teachers,and free play. Are there science and math areas as well as home living and blocks. Are the classrooms divided into areas and do the teachers have good sight lines to watch the children in the classroom?
7) A safe and fun playground – Are there enough things for the children to do outside? Fenced, rubber or wood chips, climbing equipment, slides, and room to run around. Sand box or areas for sensory play. Tables for calm play and shade for hot days. Water play in the summer is also important.
8) A Family Environment- Are there family events? Parent nights, family nights, family days or special events for parents
9) Open available staff – Are the staff always willing to listen to your problems or suggestions? Are there parent conferences? Are the staff willing to make appointments to discuss whatever is needed?
10) Knowledgeable Staff – Knowledgeable about many topics, health, education, stages of development, and much more.
11) Do the staff go to training’s to increase their knowledge and teaching skills
More ideas to come